Building the Crack seamlessly onto a PC case

PsilocybinCube · 421

Offline PsilocybinCube

on: May 13, 2020, 09:40:19 AM
OK...crazy question.  I am looking to build a DAC, the board for the Crack (already built) and a gaming/music production PC into one complete custom chassis. 

The obvious issues I'll run into are heat & interference.  I think the heat is the easier issue to solve...the interference issue is another beast.

The PC will likely be running the new series of Intel's 10 series CPU and a 2080ti GPU.  The DAC...not sure.  I'm looking to incorporate something complete, probably a Topping DX7Pro.  This will allow me to mostly use it as a DAC, but also be able to use the balanced output of the Topping if I want to change cans.

Ultimately, I envision this looking like a tall wooden tower with some cutouts for the fans and the Crack's plate being on top.

Thoughts?  I plan to document the journey and I know it will be rife with challenges but I'm looking forward to it!!!  If you google 'Custom PC wooden case' you'll see some good examples of what this could look like (minus the Crack).

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:13:20 PM
I would put the Crack all the way on top, and I would do your best to keep the PC's power supply at the bottom, as well as completely encasing the PC in aluminum for shielding. 

It could be a very unusual project!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man