Resistance check failed at Points 14 and 20 [solved]

Merlocpm · 806

Offline Merlocpm

on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:48 PM
Hi Everyone, 

First time build of the crack and overall it's been an enjoyable experience.  I'm doing the resistance check and getting an "infinity" reading on points 14 and 20.  All the other points are fine.  I've resoldered those points multiple times.  Is there something else I should be checking?

Thanks,

Phil
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:02:27 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:10:22 PM
20 and 14 are wired together with a piece of black wire, check to see that it's there.

14 and 12 are wired together with a piece of black wire, check to see that it's there.

You have inferred that 12 reads 0 Ohms.  Since 12 is wired to 14 and 20, they should all read 0 ohms.

I think the wire between 12 and 14 is missing, or connected to different terminals.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Merlocpm

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:16 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.  That makes sense now about the wiring...duh!  I resoldered the wire between 12 and 14 and it's all good.  I passed the voltage checks and finally turned it on this morning and am now hearing sweet music on my Senn HD600's!!!  I can't believe that there's no noise or hiss, even with nothing playing and I have the volume turned all the way up

I'm going to enjoy and let things burn in for a while before tackling the Speedball upgrade.  Thanks to everyone on the forum for helping when things get frustrating.  It makes these projects so easy to do and rewarding as well