Right channel in and out

blar321 · 485

Offline blar321

on: May 25, 2019, 03:12:04 PM
My voltage and resistance checks were good. I have some problems with my right channel. It appears that the issue is with my connection to the pot on the lower lug furthest away from the 9 pin socket. I've tried reflowing the soldier but it didn't help. It seems no matter what I do I have to wiggle to red wire in order to get the right channel to come in. If I bump the amp or reposition it I have to jiggle the wire again to find a good spot. I've tried adding more soldier multiple times, redone the connection completely but nothing helps. Is it possible for a pot connection to go bad? It seems unlikely but not sure what else to do. I had to reflow solider on the upper lug furthest away but it fixed my issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Deke609

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:36:28 PM
Can you post some clear pics of the pot wiring AND the rca input wiring?

Offline kgoss

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 05:06:16 PM
My guess is you nicked the wire when stripping it and it is broken just under the insulation. If moving the wire causes the symptoms and reflowing the connection didn’t help that is the next thing to check.

Ken Goss

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 05:07:20 AM
The wire could also be poorly connected on the other end, or even the black grounding wires could be poorly connected as well which could cause this.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man