Bottlehead Kits > Mainline

Resistances

<< < (2/4) > >>

nick:
Just playing around with the volume knobs(and due to all the volume control resistors being hooked up to that spot) I'm guessing the resistance measurement for that lug must be volume based. Resistance jumps pretty close to the expected value when I turn the fine knob 1 click past 0dB so I'll double check my volume pot wiring.

Paul Birkeland:
I wouldn't worry tremendously about that.  The fine switch adds resistors in parallel with the coarse control, so even if none of the resistors on the fine control are properly connected, you should still get sound out and the coarse control should work.  I would suspect that your meter may not be super happy reading such high resistances, though it's advertised as being about to read 40M.

nick:
Any ideas on the 75V tho? I’m guessing I should get that sorted before pumping music through it.

Paul Birkeland:
Either OA or OB on the center PC board will feed the 6C45P where you're getting 75V.  Can you report the OA and OB voltages, as well as which one goes to the side where you're having the problem?

nick:
OA is reporting 1.94V and OB is 2.14V.

OA is the side with the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version