Goldpoint attenuators vs. Sweetest whispers

John Roman · 14563

4krow

Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 06:53:04 AM
Heh Heh, I used to think that I was the only one with the 'audio disease'. My mind never stops because not for the complicated issues in electronics, but for the simple ones. And SO many times, those simple contemplations matter. SOmething as simple as a volume control has a very important part for me. I'm not talking distortion, because I expect that to be 'taken care of' already by any audio engineer worth his weight. I am mostly concerned with the CONTROL, precise control, of the volume in the first place. You see, to my ears there is an EXACT/CORRECT volume for everything, especially music. No, not necessarily trying to get the live volume of the performance itself, but rather the perfect acceptable volume for you, the listener. I have said all of this in order to emphasize the need for information, simple as it may seem, to available in order to get what I want!  Where, fellow members, other than this site could I ever even expect to talk with people that really get the essence of the question in the first place? Once again, I thank you for relevant, expedient, and correct information on a simple, but important subject. I read BH several times a day for this reason.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:18 PM
Dont worry Greg we wont report you! Besides, in most states it requires a 2 physician signature to get someone committed. Be that the case, everyone in the world is crazy except for me and you...and sometimes I wonder about you!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline John Roman

Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 04:38:36 AM
 Earwaxer,
Sometimes you crack me up.
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

4krow

Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 05:48:20 AM
Watch him...watch him carefully...

4krow

Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 05:22:50 AM
Just to verify that what I think is correct: When describing an attenuator, would a single 'deck' mean that it is a mono device?

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 03:43:53 PM
Yes, each deck is basically a separate pole.  You will need two for stereo.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie