Exciting news - new digs!

Doc B. · 14961

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:36 AM
Eileen's office is three times larger than yours. Not that she doesn't deserve it but I would suggest changing your President for Life title to something more realistic.

She does deserve it, and that big space may be turned into an office for her and an assistant in the future. What I didn't show in the photos is that you will have to get through not only the lobby but also Eileen's office to even get to my office door. I kinda like that, waay in the back.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 10:18:16 AM
Here some pics of one side of the new office. This is the "public" part - lobby/kitchenette, offices and listening room. The lab and packing and shipping will be in one open space across the hall.

This is looking from a point where a wall that will divide our office from the neighbor will be. The space looks foreshortened in this photo, it's actually about 35-40 feet all the way to the back wall. That listening room area is about 16-1/2 feet wide and 25 feet deep. There will be a hard ceiling at 10 feet in that room, that will have an opening to the sloped ceiling above. All the other spaces will be open to the sloped ceiling. After working in this basement with a 7' ceiling for 15 years it's gonna seem like heaven.

Is the Queens' office really 3 times as big as yours?  ;-)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 10:40:35 AM
It's about twice as big. That room will likely house other stuff as well as Eileen's office.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 10:42:01 AM
Are you building Sean a cubicle?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 10:48:08 AM
We're just starting to plan out that side of the setup. I think the lab gets a whole 25ft wall of bench space in the new workroom. And we are going to enclose the CNC engraver to cut down the noise and preserve the sanity of those working in that room.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 11:02:05 AM
Wow congratulations ! This might warrant a road trip (actually plane trip) for me.

Offline chrisby

• commercial site:
Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:53 PM
"We're now accepting resumes for Eileen's assistant - must pass the photogenic test" :)

Chris Bobiak
Victoria BC Canada

you don't really believe everything you think, do you?

Offline vrgard

Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:05 PM
Congratulations Doc, Queen Eileen and PJ for locating such wonderful digs.  Always nice to see good things happen to good people.  Here's to continued success for the Bottlehead team and I can't wait to visit sometime.

-Randy

Offline ironbut

Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 07:57:24 AM
Outstanding!
Those pictures really say it all. You guys must be sitting on pins and needles!
Heck,.. I'd like to live in a space like that!

steve koto

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 08:08:35 AM
When we first looked at the business park the new space is located in we were looking at a really ideal space that was already built out and needed only some minor changes. When we said yes to that space we found out that it had been taken by someone who wanted it with the rest of the building, so we had to take the unbuilt space in a different building that I showed in the photos. We found out last week the deal on our first choice fell through. So on Friday I ran over to the landlord and arranged to switch back to our first choice.

This means we ought to be in an even cooler space than the one I have shown here, by August 15. Among other cool features it has a 20' x 25' space on the second floor, with a vaulted ceiling averaging (I think) about 15'. With a little thought this should make a really nice listening room. We'll have separate lab and packing rooms in this space, and a lobby that we can configure as a classroom.

If all goes as planned we hope to be having an open house in September.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 04:44:01 PM
So, still walking distance to the distillery;)...John

John S.

Offline JC

Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 04:53:55 PM
How often does that happen?  Great news!

Congratulations!

Jim C.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 06:20:56 AM
So, still walking distance to the distillery;)...John

Yup, just a walk across the parking lot and far enough away that our place won't smell like mash, which was one issue with the other space. I've already had a conversation with distillery owner Keith about serving some of his organic vodka at our open house.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:27 AM
Nice.  Sounds like it will be a great place for Bottlehead International Headquarters.  Still hope to visit one day...

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 08:13:29 AM
Yee haw! The contractor started construction yesterday. He's just removing a wall to open up the listening room space and closing off some openings to the the space next door. The listening room is a very open space for now, that we will decide how to finish after we spend some time with it. Figured he'd have the framing done today and drywall starting to go up tomorrow. A few adjustments will be made to the HVAC,  a bit of paint and carpet will be done etc., and it should be ready to go.  So I think we may be moving in a couple weeks. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.