End of summer 10% off sale + Feastrex news

Clark B. · 5590

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
on: September 19, 2013, 01:50:48 PM
For those not subscribed to our newsletter, I first wanted to mention that we are running a 10% off sale through end of day Saturday, Sept. 21st . Type in the coupon code WORLD'S_BEST_SPEAKERS at checkout in our online shop to score some deals. And while you're there, why not just register your email with us to receive these offers sooner? ; )

Part of the reason behind this sale was to offer discounts to our legacy customers on some of our new products: the updated subwoofer - the Dungeness, desktop stands, and wall mounts. If you're a past customer, feel free to also just shoot us an email if you're thinking of adding anything to your system.

-- Some more exciting news --

We have been spending time in our demo space "after hours" listening to the final prototype cabinets of our Feastrex speakers using the 5" NF5ex drivers. We're calling this cabinet the Uni, one of the most delicious Japanese sushi items that is also plentiful here in Pacific NW waters. These listening sessions have been incredible!! We are so excited to build the final iteration of these in Natural bamboo for a local customer over the next couple of weeks, and we'll add some photos up as well.

You can visit the site for more info (under the Ultra Fi tab) or better yet, just give us a call and set a time to come over and have a listen. We'll also be arranging a time to bring them back over to Bottleheadquarters for demonstration.

Here's a video of Doc B. having a listen to the final prototype cabinets:

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Cheers,

Clark & Molly

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:39:10 PM by Clark B. »

Offline pdxgrampa

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:08:10 PM
Hi Clark and Molly

What was the piece that Doc was listening to?

Greg
Music Hall 5.1SE,EROS. OPPO 980HD, Music Hall 25.3 Dac. BeePre/BeeQuiet. Paramount V1.1 300B,Orca Deluxe W/ Subs/SPA250s.Stereomour W/Orca Deluxe. Crack W/Speeball(2) .Beyerdynamic 990s.Crackheadphone.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:41:30 PM
That was the Persuasions, from their album Might As Well, songs of the Grateful Dead.
I guess they have re-produced that album recently, Persuasions of the Dead.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Clark B.

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:07 AM
Doc, I love that album, and it blew my mind that you had it on tape.

As a quick update, we've decided to extend our 10% off your entire order sale through Monday, Sept. 23rd.  Please forward the information along to the music lovers in your life!

Best,

Clark

P.S. also, the rebuilding of the Feastrexes in bamboo is going to happen ASAP, and I have some really important experiments to try on them, that have been waiting years to be implimented once the cabinet tuning was right.  So...here's hoping for positive results!  wish me luck.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:40:37 PM by Clark B. »

Offline Clark B.

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:05:59 PM
here's a youtube of the song itself.

Offline jdm

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:09 AM
Dan, I am looking for a new listening chair.  The one in the video of you listening to Clark's Feastrex speakers looks interesting.  Please provide details.

Jim

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 09:44:25 AM
It's very comfortable with great smelling thick leather. Sits on a metal pedestal and rotates. We have another chair, a matching couch and a large ottoman. We bought it all barely used from a programmer who was going out of business and selling off his office furniture. I believe he bought the chairs at Kasala furniture in Seattle. Might be called Lucca. I don't know much more than that. I did see the same chair used in a living room scene in some forgettable crappy movie on the sci fi channel a while ago.

Before the current chairs we had Aeron side chairs in the listening room. Reasonably comfortable save for the metal tube arm rests. But ridiculously squeaky for such pricey chairs and thus a lousy choice for critical listening.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:51:34 AM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 04:20:01 PM
I guess Bottlehead has become an advertiser....

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 12:57:06 AM
I would say an excited consumer.

Funny, most of us are excited consumers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:49:57 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline Mordicai

Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:37 AM
Just ran across this old thread and it stuck a cord with me.  I have this electric leather  rotating chair  ( past 180 degrees ) Its hard not to fall asleep when the musics on, but the thing it does the best for me is relax me so much and allow me to just zone out on the sounds.  With my eyes closed, in this chair my music is such fun!! He's to great chairs