Just finished the build...

tubenerd · 1095

Offline tubenerd

on: August 27, 2017, 11:59:02 AM
I just finished my stock Eros build. I was getting bad voltage readings on the A-servo/C4S board last night but found the culprit. Yes, it was a wiring mistake, done while I was at the end of a *long* build period yesterday. I was also trying to rush toward the end as I had an appointment. Sound familiar? Tired and rushing a build--Hey, don't do it like me. When my voltages did not play out I didn't get too discouraged since I knew it was going to be my own fault.

I took another whack at it this morning with fresh eyes. I searched this forum for reminders, and used the troubleshooting techniques shown in the manual. I retraced my steps and found my wiring error in about 3/4 hour. My voltages now seemed good enough although A and B C4S boards measure slightly differently at Kreg. I will save that question for another post. Even thought I'm not done with the base, I couldn't wait to hear how it sounds.

It sounds wonderful! I am playing familiar LPs in all genres to get my bearings. It has been absolutely gorgeous from the first track and getting  even better as more music has been played through it.

Thanks to the bottleheads here who have been so generous as to post their build experiences. Thanks to Doc and Queen, Braniac, and the rest of the BH crew for creating a great kit building experience and a superb piece of audio equipment.

I am so in love!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:45:58 PM
Thanks Brad, and well done! For some strange reason your post makes me hungry for bacon.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline tubenerd

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:15:09 AM
It is a good day when you get to taste bacon!