Bottlehead Kits > Kaiju Stereo 300B amp

Issues with driverboard testing [resolved]

<< < (2/5) > >>

ericoto:
I was looking this over andhave found a problem this morning 1 of the diode's off the power transformer secondary appears loose, possibly a cold joint I did not have time to correct it but will try that when I get home this evening. Could that explain the problems?

Paul Joppa:
Yes, that could explain the problem. The two diodes make up a voltage doubler, so if one of them is disconnected ...  :^)

Paul Birkeland:

--- Quote from: ericoto on January 01, 2024, 06:20:47 PM ---Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I did recheck the choke connections, they appear to be in the right place 35L and 43L,

--- End quote ---
This is absolutely not correct, as this red wire isn't connected to anything and can short out the HV supply. 

ericoto:
yes, I did note that previously and did correct that, since then I have resoldered on both sides.  I'll send you a picture of it when I get home.  I'll also resolder the diode to see if that helps. Are the resistances on the chokes okay?

Paul Birkeland:
Yes, those are good resistances.  The remaining resistors will go on the amp as you wire in the remaining connections on the output transformers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version