Offline Adrian

Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:34 PM
I need new speakers for my S.E.X. 2.1.

Does anyone have personal experience with:
Hoyt-Bedford Type 1.5 Monitors
or
Decware HDT?

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.

Offline kgoss

Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 04:19:37 AM
I replaced a pair of DIY Audio Nirvana speakers with Decware HDT speakers and I love them. They are DIY too, but Bob Zigler helped me build them so I can't take all the credit. He lives close to me in North Carolina and graciously offered to let me use his shop and jigs. The cabinets are not simple bass reflex like the AN cabinets so construction is a lot more involved but you can buy the plans and drivers if you want to build your own. In my opinion they are a big improvement over the AN speakers because they don't have the midrange shout of the AN speakers. I have driven them with my SEX 2.0 amp and it does great. However I have Quicksilver Horn Mono amps driving them every day as I use my SEX amp for headphone listening on the computer.  Someday I will build a pair of Paramount amps, but until then I have no complaints with the Quicksilver amps. Your amp will sound great with the HDT speakers. 

Ken Goss