Need help with SR-45 schematic...

Jim R. · 2707

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: May 04, 2013, 02:42:36 PM
I'm getting kind of desperate and am willing to pay a fair price for somebody who has an SR-45 and reasonable technical writing and circuit description skills to translate the printed schematic along with all parts, polarizations and pin assignments by number and function, into words that would allow me to plan out my rebuild of these amps.  I am also very especially innterested in the schematic of the shunt reg board as I plan to rebuild these on some blank g-10 board with some cambion turret pins and some significantly larger heat sinks.  I can pay cash and/or build you a set of the new shunt reg boards (to be mounted on brackets and attached to the top plate underside.  Would be necessary to label the connection points on the sr board and the driver/sr tube )bonus points for 6cm7 and 6dn7.

please email me directly if you can help.

Thanks much,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:59 PM
If larger heatsinks are the only goal of the rebuild, I would recycle the old boards (especially considering you know that they work).

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 03:52:34 PM
Yes, I could do that, but I want to use a different orientation for better airflow, as well as better reliability of p2p wiring instead of pcbs, more spacing between components, easier replacement of components, and so on.  I've built many an SS amp with this technique, including car amps and they were bullet proof.

-- Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 02:33:21 PM
Hi, Jim,
I am at Hornfest.  When I get home I will have a look  and see if I can help...John

John S.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 03:29:33 PM
Hi John,

Thanks much.  Have fun and say hello to all the Horn-o-philes for me, especially Ed and Buzz if they are there (Buzz that is).

-- Jim

Offline najo49

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 05:18:09 AM
How does one go about getting a schematic for this sr 45 amp. I would be very interested to find out what all the interest in the sr 45 is. Thanks Jan O.

Jann Olsen, [email protected].  Lowther medallion 2 with pm2a./ extended foreplay lll,/EROS phono /Grado ref/ SOTA star Vacuum SME V, /  45 amp direct coupled,c4s,mQ nickel  / paramour  2a3 w MQ iron /Original SEX monos /Jena Cables /heathkit wm6a/ proAc Tablette 50 sig , with push pull

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:06:03 AM
Hi Jan,

If I'm wrongg, Dan or PJ will surely correct me, but as far as I know this was a very limited kit of parts with sparse documentation that was made available on an experimental basis some years ago.  Therefore if you weren't in on that or didn't pick up the schematic before the folks at bottlehead decided to keep the IP under their hats, you're pretty much out of luck, unless somebody wants to sell theirs, which is pretty unlikely.

You'll have to wait for the next version, if there is a next version, and whatever it may turn out to be.  See the SR-455 amp thread for the current back-and-forth on the preliminary design of this potential amp.  You'll see that it's not even sure if it will be a product or not at this stage, just some ideas that PJ is kicking around.

If you see one for sale, grab it! :-)

-- Jim

Offline najo49

Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:34 AM
Thanks jim, I will not hold my breath on getting a schematic, any time soon .I have a new 45 amp based on the old 45 amp in the valve archives anyway. Jan

Jann Olsen, [email protected].  Lowther medallion 2 with pm2a./ extended foreplay lll,/EROS phono /Grado ref/ SOTA star Vacuum SME V, /  45 amp direct coupled,c4s,mQ nickel  / paramour  2a3 w MQ iron /Original SEX monos /Jena Cables /heathkit wm6a/ proAc Tablette 50 sig , with push pull