website was down

Doc B. · 324

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: March 07, 2024, 01:11:48 PM
Our IT man was out on a hike today when our site went down. He jumped on the problem as soon as he got back and heard about it. "System stall from an outage. Had to restart all lower system processes."

Thanks Josh!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 05:49:25 AM
You may have noticed another website glitch this morning. We are aware and working on it.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 06:41:15 AM
This new forum design is blowing my mind a little bit. Looks good, I’m just used to the old one.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 07:10:11 AM
This forum has been up for 15 years now. In terms of the evolution of tech it"s amazing that the look stayed the same all those years. The style was no longer supported by SMF (itself kind of a dinosaur) and when our intrepid IT guy JoshP got in to fix the corrupted database he realized he needed to upgrade the style. Thank you Josh for the marathon shift getting us back up and running!

Bottlehead forum posts go back to the last century. The first ten years' posts are in the Audio Asylum archives. 25 years worth of forum posts total - that is the equivalent of a lot of old letters and news clippings moldering away in a couple of steamer trunks in the attic.

I guess this can be considered a warm up for the new look and feel that we will be introducing for the website soon. Sample pic below of the new website product photos I am taking to show the current look of the kit hardware.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mucker

Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 09:18:49 AM
Nice refresh! The colors are comfortable on the eyes. Like slipping into a new pair of cowboy boots .... yee-ha!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 10:19:01 AM
We are aware that there is an issue with starting a new topic and we're working the problem.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.