Parts question

Aural Robert · 1817

Offline Aural Robert

on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:45 PM
I'm progressing nicely on my build but I've run into one thing I THINK I know but want to check for sure before hitting the soldering iron.

On page 27, the step where you insert the transistor PN2907 into position P - the transistor I have is the metal hatted one, not the one shown in the manual. The number is the similar - mine is a 2N2907A, but the one in the manual is black plastic.

I scanned the board to see and no one else has mentioned this so I want to be absolutely sure.

I'll post some pics in a day or two.

Aural Robert.
... she love my automobile ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
That is a packing error. Please e-mail replacementparts at bottlehead dot com and we'll get the correct parts out to you.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:40:50 AM
After discussing this issue with PB, it is actually fine to use a 2N2907 in this position. The PN can take a bit more abuse, but in this application, the 2N is fine. Make sure to align the tab of the can with the tab on the outline.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Aural Robert

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:13:39 AM
Excellent Josh. THANKS.

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout