General Category > Music

Just kill me now. Please.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Larpy:

--- Quote from: Doc B. on July 29, 2021, 11:14:06 AM ---You know what, the more I listen the more it seems she practiced the off key notes. They are pretty consistent. It's pretty funny the second time thru. Not a bad way for a comedian to get some notice.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  The singing is so consistently off pitch it sounds contrived.  Dare I suggest that no one is that bad a singer?

Or maybe another way to look at it is that the video tries so hard to look professional that you'd think using autotune on the vocals would automatically be part of the, um, "production."

Chris H:
She is doing her Masters at Oxford - Sociology.
Many debating whether it is an elaborate experiment as it starts to go viral (0.5m views so far) - there is even a piece in Newsweek.
I thought it would be quite easy to sing consistently out of tune by just putting the vocals over a re-reccorded backing track (she's in tune with herself) but found video of a live performance covering Taylor Swift at an open mic night. Same noise.

Karl5150:
Unfortunately there's obviously a demographic for this. I made it through about a minute, then another 30 seconds with the sound muted.
Karl

Chris H:
Some of the YouTube comments are funny:

I have now officially heard a song in the key of Q-Flat Minor.

She is actually hitting all the notes...only of other songs. And at random

I attempted to run this through Antares Auto-Tune on Pro Tools and now my computer is on fire and my wife left me

2Bornot2B:
Apparently Tiny Tim and Miss Vicky did reproduce?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version