Paramount V1.1 3-15-11 with Soft Start - Instructions

mchurch · 1900

Offline mchurch

on: November 16, 2011, 05:45:42 PM
I just finished building the first one of my pair and started to check resistance and voltage according to the manual. Think there is some kind of transposition of the voltage values in the instructions . It says the voltage at terminal 13 should be 94VDc but terminal 13 is the center terminal which is where the terminal strip is bolted to the chassis so it is grounded. I think there are some issues with the terminals 10 and 11 as well but I have lost my notes so I have to recheck. All other voltages and resistances match up exactly and I was able to set the 175 VDC with the trim pot and get the correct values for the hum balance. I have gone over every connection twice and rechecked the instructions and I cannot see how one could obtain 94VDC at terminal 13.

This is not intended as a criticism because I am no expert but I just thought I would ask for clarification.

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:57:28 AM
Yes, it's probably a typo. If you are getting the correct voltages everywhere else you are OK. In fact Shawn may have already pointed out the typo to me when he built our last pair of Paramounts and may have I missed posting the correction on the forum. I'll check into it and post corrections in a sticky in this forum. Thanks!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline mchurch

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:46 AM
Thanks Doc;

At least I know I didn't fry anything. I will know now when I build the next one not to worry if the results are the same.

Cheers

Mike