Installed Imp Switch / Wrong Caps?

feeench · 3898

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 04:38:59 AM
The paint i used is a tire Rim paint.Thanks!

Jamie I think your SEX have a choke installed near the front if you want to mount the XLR in front of the chassis like i did you need to make sure that the XLR will not interfere with those check the space carefully.i replaced the 22uf caps with SOLEN Poly those are large that is why i end up mounting the XLR lower than i would like to.

Thanks I was actually thinking along the lines of having the XLR socket mounted in a separate little box or tube so its not actually built in that way I can also try it out with some of my other amps.

Edit, have you thought about fitting a couple of washers under your volume pot I suspect if you can it reduce the gap between the volume knob and top plate considerably.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:44:44 AM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline i luvmusic 2

Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 05:05:09 AM
Funny i never noticed that Pot knob GAP,It doesn't bother me though so it's OK,THANKS!

Offline feeench

Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 06:43:15 PM
I was just reading Loquah's amp review thread over at Head-Fi and in post #764 ( https://www.head-fi.org/t/683012/bottlehead-amplifier-discussion-comparison-thread-crack-sex-mainline/750#post_10698650 ) he's done exactly as I have it but he says this:

"There also needs to be a 100ohm (approx.) resistor between each pin and ground (i.e. the socket ground tab, chassis, etc.)"

I looked around his posts on this forum and came up dry, I can't figure this one out. Is he saying each XLR pin (1-4) gets this treatment, or just the ground of the XLR connector? Why? I'm puzzled.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 07:51:10 PM
This is accomplished (in the cases where it is needed) on the impedance switch board.

Paul Joppa

Offline feeench

Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 04:59:02 AM
This is accomplished (in the cases where it is needed) on the impedance switch board.

Oh that's right, I forgot that he didn't use the switch board and wired up for balanced manually. Thanks Paul.

Edited quote coding - Caucasian Blackplate
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:50:04 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »