Resistance Check Help [resolved]

fewjr · 473

Offline fewjr

on: May 03, 2020, 01:54:39 PM
Hello Folks,
     This the first post I found about resistance measurement issues, so I thought I would ask a question here. I have Crack version 5/28/10. I had it mostly built and put it down for a while. I finished building last night. All of my resistance checks were okay except for terminal 22. My instructions say it should read 0 but I get a varying reading back and forth like the test points that have an *. I don't want to move forward with the voltage checks until I know whats up here. Is it possible that the instructions had a misprint back in 2010 and I missed an update on the forum?
     I have double checked all connections and solder joints. I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880's 600 ohm on the way. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:14:25 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 01:58:48 PM
I would suggest tightening your transformer screws.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline fewjr

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 03:29:46 AM
Thank you sir....I will give that a try when I get off work and let you know what happens.

Offline fewjr

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 10:45:02 AM
Well that did the trick Paul. Thanks again. I suppose that was a grounding issue? They weren't that loose but loose enough for sure.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 11:14:16 AM
So while it's not really required to get a 0 ohm resistance on all the terminals where the transformer screws pass through, if you don't get 0 ohms, it's often a good indicator that your hardware is loose.  Loose hardware makes an amp noisy!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline fewjr

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
I'll keep that in mind. My Seduction went together so smoothly with no issues. This time it just caught me off guard.