New Moreplay build complete, sounds great

timindq · 1712

Offline timindq

on: February 10, 2023, 07:16:50 AM
It's been a few years since I've built a Bottlehead kit, and this one was a great way to get back into kit building. After finishing I successfully completed the resistance checks with no problems. Unfortunately, when I hooked the Moreplay up to an amp to test with music, there was no sound from the left channel. After checking all of the obvious possible missteps with connections, I turned the unit over for more serious troubleshooting. It took a few minutes of signal tracing to find I had reversed the left channel leads coming from the Input Select switch. Swapping the wires was no problem, whew.

Hooked the amp back up, and two-channel music was happening. I installed the Moreplay into my stereo last night and sat back for some fantastic sound. Thanks Bottlehead!!!

Source: Lumin D2 with SBooster power supply, 2tb SSD attached to Lumin, Pre: Moreplay, Amp: Bryston 2bSST, Speakers: Joseph Audio RM22XL. Setup in large, well treated dedicated listening space.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 07:23:39 AM
Thanks, and congrats on the completion!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:27:40 AM
Excellent work tracking down the wire swap!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline timindq

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 07:29:22 AM
Excellent work tracking down the wire swap!

And I didn't have to bug you guys! ;)

Source: Lumin D2 with SBooster power supply, 2tb SSD attached to Lumin, Pre: Moreplay, Amp: Bryston 2bSST, Speakers: Joseph Audio RM22XL. Setup in large, well treated dedicated listening space.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 07:30:25 AM
More opportunities will undoubtedly arise in the future  :)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man