Hey, my tubes aren't balanced!

oztayls · 1933

Offline oztayls

• Still waiting for proof of the THING...
on: September 14, 2023, 02:55:24 PM
I was staring at my amp last night and wondered if it was an optical illusion. It wasn't, as the stick shows lol  :o

Thorens TD124, TD125, ARXA, ARXB, Stereomour II (no mods), Spud Kit amp 2.3wpc, Boyuu A50 Mk3 300B 7wpc, EAR 834P, Leak Sandwich 15ohm, Leak Mini Sandwich 15ohm, Lii Audio Fast-8 OBs, Klipsch Heresy 1.5s, On the Decware 4-year wait list for SE84UFO2.1

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 03:24:42 PM
This is not something I would worry about. The RCA handbook states that the maximum seated height should be 4.75 inches.
there are tolerances but they are provided for fitment only. If you look at the tube on the right you can see the glass envelope is not sitting down as low as the left. As long as your voltage and resistance checked fine try to ignore it, you will someday and just enjoy the dulcet tones you here.

Lee R.

Offline oztayls

• Still waiting for proof of the THING...
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 03:53:26 PM
This is not something I would worry about. The RCA handbook states that the maximum seated height should be 4.75 inches.
there are tolerances but they are provided for fitment only. If you look at the tube on the right you can see the glass envelope is not sitting down as low as the left. As long as your voltage and resistance checked fine try to ignore it, you will someday and just enjoy the dulcet tones you here.

Who said I was worried? It was a little joke :)

Thorens TD124, TD125, ARXA, ARXB, Stereomour II (no mods), Spud Kit amp 2.3wpc, Boyuu A50 Mk3 300B 7wpc, EAR 834P, Leak Sandwich 15ohm, Leak Mini Sandwich 15ohm, Lii Audio Fast-8 OBs, Klipsch Heresy 1.5s, On the Decware 4-year wait list for SE84UFO2.1