Blumenstein Ultra Fi

Doc B. · 234014

Offline Molly B

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #315 on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:41 PM
Hi all,

Bringing the discussion around from microbial cellulose and cast bronze to....plastic. To those who have or are considering Bottlehead bases from our shop: we wanted to get an idea of how many people would be interested in a bottom plate for them. We currently cut a kerf so that it's an option to install one on your own, but we're looking into offering a clear acrylic plate to protect the bottom while still letting you show off your handiwork. We would drill holes for ventilation. The acrylic plate will also allow us to use a bit bigger feet than the current felt ones.

Respond to the thread or send us a pm or email to let us know if you're interested so we'll have a better idea of how many to get for our first run.

By the way, many orders went out this past week, with even more shipping out soon!

Thanks!

Molly

Molly Blumenstein | Blumenstein Audio

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #316 on: February 17, 2013, 05:01:08 PM
I just assembled my new base...beautiful! I would love the acrylic plate to be able to add some cool feet.

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
Reply #317 on: February 17, 2013, 07:17:52 PM
Hi Molly,
I've got a couple of bases, 1 Crack and 2 Stereomour.  I'd be happy to get a couple of clear base covers.  Just post the costs.
Alonzo

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #318 on: February 18, 2013, 04:42:47 AM
Hi Molly,Glad to see this taking shape, but right now I don't think  I'll be needing any.  Still want to try out my footer idea first and then if it works, then I can still use the bottom plates, I'll order them.

-- Jim

BTW, my new bases arrived this weekend

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Gerry E.

Reply #319 on: February 18, 2013, 04:36:04 PM
Hi Molly:

I'm glad to hear that this is still in the works.  I would be interested in a pair for my Paramounts.  Thanks!

Gerry

Offline tsingle999

Reply #320 on: February 18, 2013, 04:54:33 PM
Nice amp Gerry! Very cool looking! What tube is in the 12at7 spot?

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.

Offline caffeinator

Reply #321 on: February 18, 2013, 06:03:04 PM
I'm interested.  Are these just for amps, but also the newer BeePree and/or FPIII/Eros size?  Seduction sized?

Offline tsingle999

Reply #322 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:58 AM
So i added the blue jeans speaker cables to the mix. I listen to the Orcas at work. Everyday i turn it on it surprises me how good it sounds! They are really nice speakers...

Offline Grainger49

Reply #323 on: February 19, 2013, 04:57:29 AM
Well, there is your problem, your speakers are upside down.  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  This kind of thing seems to happen to i-whatever users posting.  I guess the rest of the world is upside down to them.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #324 on: February 19, 2013, 12:28:11 PM
Maybe he lives down under  8)...John

John S.

Offline Gerry E.

Reply #325 on: February 19, 2013, 03:36:29 PM
Nice amp Gerry! Very cool looking! What tube is in the 12at7 spot?

Good observation, what is that mysterious 12AT7?  The answer is that it's not a 12AT7 at all.  The amp is a very early Paramount.  After I acquired it, I had it upgraded to the V1.1 Soft Start, so the tube is an early (1952) WE 396A/2C51.  I like this tube a lot but johnsonad posted on the Paramount forum that he likes 1950s GE 5670s even more.  A GE tube beating out a WE tube (or any brand for that matter) would be a first for me but anything is possible.     

Getting this back on topic: I did neither the original build nor the upgrade but I did put the Blumenstein Audio base together!   :)

Gerry       

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
Reply #326 on: February 19, 2013, 04:41:22 PM
I too would be interested in a bottom plate but it would need some cut-outs to allow for easy access to the impedance switches installed on my S.E.X. amp.  I think a laser cutter would be able to make the additional cuts quickly enough and with little additional hassel. 

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
Reply #327 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:33 AM
I too would be interested in a bottom plate but it would need some cut-outs to allow for easy access to the impedance switches installed on my S.E.X. amp.  I think a laser cutter would be able to make the additional cuts quickly enough and with little additional hassel.

Yup - this I can do for you.  Would a finger sized hole below each OPTransformer work ok for you?

I'm interested.  Are these just for amps, but also the newer BeePree and/or FPIII/Eros size?  Seduction sized?

Caffinator - these bases are for all Bottlehead products actually - the 6*10, 8*10, 10*12, and soon we'll have a 12*12 model for the BeePree.  In the drop down menu in this shopping cart, it gives you the different sizes - but it is simpler than this leads on to be as many models share the same base size.  For instance, the one we make for the SEX, Eros, and Foreplay are all the same size, actually - the 8*10.  http://www.blumensteinaudio.bigcartel.com/product/wooden-chassis-for-bottlehead-tube-amplifiers

So i added the blue jeans speaker cables to the mix. I listen to the Orcas at work. Everyday i turn it on it surprises me how good it sounds! They are really nice speakers...

What a serious amp you've got there!  What is that thing?  Looks like MQ trannies hanging on for dear life!

Do you do video editing as your work btw? 

Hi Molly,
I've got a couple of bases, 1 Crack and 2 Stereomour.  I'd be happy to get a couple of clear base covers.  Just post the costs.
Alonzo

Alonzo, we are getting our first sets here over the next week.  I'll get the vent/access hole drilling pattern down, then add up basic time and materials and post them up on the site!  They should end up being very affordable like the BH bases themselves. 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:27:15 AM by Clark B. »

Offline tsingle999

Reply #328 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:45 AM
Clark, that is the Pomme de Terre de Gourmet amp designed by PB. After being built he helped me convert it to parafeed with the MQ trannies a bit overboard:)
Ya i edit hockey video. Seattle needs a team!
Looking forward to the base plates - the base looks really nice...
Taran

Offline Molly B

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #329 on: February 27, 2013, 03:07:19 PM
All Bottlehead bases on order have been sent out. We're currently working on finishing up Orca and Sub orders now.

We have some material to play around with for the bottom plate and I'll be emailing everyone who has expressed interest once we figure out costs.

Thanks!

Molly

Molly Blumenstein | Blumenstein Audio