Offline QueenBottlehead

• Administrator
"A die hard shiny disc and silicon man"

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:53:18 AM
I think you are on point!

Offline Keim

Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:54:21 PM
I like my music like I like my women:  Silicone free with a slight glow.

Proud owner of modified Foreplay II, extended Paramour IIs, bi-wired Super Whamodyne speakers and a Seduction pre-amp.

Life is better at 33 and a third.

Offline Mudhiker

Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:14:36 PM
If it makes you tap your toes than it's worth the bother.

Isaac Gorton

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:14:38 AM
I like my music like I like my women:  Silicone free with a slight glow.

You probably like your stereo silicon free, or were you talking about RTV, aka silicone seal?

Please don't let me damp the thread but I have to say there are so many good CD playing devices out there most of us don't spin vinyl as much as we would want to.  My Table doesn't skip songs well.  And I'm lazy.  I can't deride anyone who only plays CDs, just pity him for not knowing the pleasures of vinyl.

Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg (God rest his soul) loved vinyl but mostly played CDs.

Offline matt99eo

Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:45:04 AM
I being a self proclaimed 'young audiophile' at the age of 29 have been considering what it will take to keep this hobby alive over the next 10-20 years.  Question.  How many people do you know under the age of 30 who are into high fidelity?  

The future of high fidelity lies in  digital sources of information -- both for stereo recordings and movie pictures (music, after all is only packet of information for the ears :-).  I for one would be hurting without a USB input to my DAC to feed my linestage.  For all my music is readily available at my finger tips (in .wav files, large hardrives!).  Not only does my computer source my music to my ears but also allows motion pictures to be heard over tube gear.  Digital format is the future of source information and we'd better embrace it, find better ways to encode/decode it or we will be on the endangered species list in 20 years.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:45:09 PM by matt99eo »

Offline HTFAMOUS

Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 05:51:45 AM
A potential Bottlehead customer...............