resistance check, terminal 1,2,4&5

pro_crip · 5351

Offline ironbut

Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 02:22:08 PM
I'm sure you must see that the resistor (23k) is toast. It might measure correctly but it's bound to be noisy if it works.
I don't think that's your problem though and I've looked at your pictures pretty closely (a few times).

Did the amp measure correctly before the PS changes? If you never tested it before modding it, you should probably go back to stock and try it that way.

steve koto

Offline Grainger49

Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 01:02:36 AM
Looking at Photo 6 in reply 13, previous page, it appears the diode that is shorter might be shorted to the center tab.  And maybe not.  If it were you would be blowing fuses.

And as Steve, above, mentions one resistor needs to be replaced.

If I actually knew the kit I might be more help.  Sorry!

Offline pro_crip

Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:16 AM
I thought that resistor was toast but it measured just fine so I thought it was ok. At least I know that it isn't and needs to be replaced, time to head over to mouser. I didn't try measuring it stock, I'll pull the tweak and build it bone stock, then measure again. Thanks.

edit: Building it bone stock was a success, terminals 1,2,4 & 5 all read according to spec. The voltage check will have to wait until those 22.1k resistors get replaced. Since they're in the signal path I'll splurge on some fancy ones. Even at 5 bucks a pop, it's only 10 bucks. Just another quick question, will 22k be okay instead of 22.1k? Thanks a bunch everyone, I guess the tweak wasn't as easy as I thought. Now where's that humble pie. . .

Rich
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:13:32 AM by pro_crip »

Richard J Feldman
Professional Gimp,connoisseur of Bourbon and Vinyl, metalhead

Crack, Extended FPIII, Eros, Paramount 300B's (in the midst of construction)

Tune down, smoke up