I have a spare crack I would like to give to my brother - in 240V land.

Tarquinflimbim · 992

Offline Tarquinflimbim

How do I have to modify my crack to work at 240V?

I sincerely hope this is easy!

TFB

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
How old is this Crack?   The current version comes with a power transformer that can be wired for 220V, 230V, and 240V with the newly designed power transformer. 

If it has the older PT-3, the 240V PT-3 is out of production at this time.  You can, however, use a 240V:120V step down transformer to run with the 120V PT-3. (100VA is an adequate rating)

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Deluk

It begs the question as to whether the latest transformer can be supplied to fit in place of the old one. From pics I've see there are some small wiring changes. Technically would seem like the best fix.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
You'd need enough new parts (and the manual) that it would need to just be the whole kit.  A step-down transformer is $50-100.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
We do not support, or provide parts, for transformer replacement. The reason being that when replacing a power transformer, you risk damaging other components in the chain, either through the stress of removal and reattachment, or simply by accident. Our kits are not designed with the idea of replacing the transformer, and as such, it is quite entrenched in the circuit. Furthermore, the PT-10 transformer has different mounting requirements, and will not fit on the old chassis.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Yes, the PT-10 does not fit in the transformer hole for the previous Crack.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Tarquinflimbim

It's a PT-3 so I guess a step-down transformer it is then.  Thanks for the responses.