Speaker Wire?

ToneDeaf · 502

Offline ToneDeaf

on: June 11, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
My system is wired with silver wire and connectors. From the circuit Brd in my custom CD Transport to the WBT Next Gen silver female RCA connector with VH Audio Pulsar 75 ohm silver center conductor coax cable. Digital cable is a meter in a half of the same Pulsar cable with WBT next Gen silver male RCA's. Internal wires in my DAC are also Pulsar, with input and outputs are WBT next Gen silver female RCA's. Interconnects are VH Audio's silver interconnect recipe, with WBT silver male RCA's. to female WBT next Gen silver RCA's on power amp with Pulsar silver coax to circuit in amp. For speaker wire I'm using Clear Days shot gun silver cable, which consists of two runs of 24 Ga. solid silver conductor, individually insulated for positive and two runs for negative to each speaker, 14 feet long.
    I wouldn't call my system bright. I love the airy detailed highs I get. It's just that I think they are at the expense of my mids and lower frequency's. They sound just a little lean. Not bad, but could be a little fuller. Now I have some copper foil ribbon that either .003" or .005" by 1 and a half inch wide, and some wider cotton jacket. Now my question. Should I send the Clear Day silver cable back to be made into a double shotguns ( 4 x 24 ga solid silver conductors per positive and 4 x 24 ga. per negative per speaker), or should I try the copper foil. I would like to get the mids and lows a little fuller sounding, with out sacrificing the clear highs. Thanks for any help.