properly handled vinyl

azrockitman · 5313

Offline Grainger49

Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 06:53:34 AM
I remember being 'religious' about not playing the same album within a 24hr period or so, due to something about the vinyl needing to "settle" after it was played.     .  .  .   

Oh, man!  You just gave me an idea for a thread.  Since it is all about LPs/45s/vinyl I will put it in the Phono folder.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:29:22 PM by Grainger49 »

Offline Chris

Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 01:19:01 PM
Well, I have just returned from Indonesia to the USA after a 7 year stint and one of the first things I did was to go down in the basement and check out all the  UNBELIEVABLY pristine vinyl that our man Grange so incredibly graciously sent me... Absolutely beautiful looking vinyl.. BUT... would we expect anything else from him???  CANNOT thank you enough G.... They will be VERY much enjoyed and a prized addition to my collection for sure....

Offline docbob52

Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 12:34:40 PM
I have been using the Gem Dandy record cleaner system.  Messy and a bit of a pain to use, but boy doesn't it really clean well Especially for really dirty records.  Never tried a vacuum cleaner, but some rate the Gem Dandy above the VPI.   Price is low, and you can build it yourself with plans on the internet if you want to go  to the trouble.

Garrard 301/ high mass plinth, SME 312S tonearm/ Sleeping beauty cartridge/ Denon AU 320SUT. Transcendent audio GG preamp and OTL SOB power amp. Blumenstein Orca/Dungeness Speakers

Second system.  BH Paramount 300B amps.  BeePre.  Sony SCD777ES, Wyred4 sound Dac. Mac mini.