modify BeePre to eliminate balance circuitry

kip.duff · 1107

Offline kip.duff

on: June 28, 2016, 03:24:40 PM
Just received my BeePre kit :).  For simplicity and possible sonic improvement, I would like to eliminate the balance knob and related circuitry as I build.  Paul or anyone: would this be an easy mod?  I believe it would involve removing Rbal circuit and changing or removing Raux- and possibly changing Rvol.  Can this be done without hurting the integrity of the circuit?  Thanks in advance, Kip............

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 06:33:17 PM
You can simply disconnect the balance control. Shorting the 33K will give you another 2.5dB of gain, which you probably don't need anyhow.

Or step up to the BeeQuiet controls.  :^)

Paul Joppa

Offline kip.duff

Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:33:07 PM
"Shorting the 33k....."  Do you mean remove Raux (33k) and replace with straight wire?  Just wanna be sure....

I don't know what BeeQuiet is- I will educate myself.

Thanks, Kip...............

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline kip.duff

Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:28:48 PM
BeeQuiet controls- sounds like a plan.  Saw some great reviews.  Also eliminates balance circuit.........