New Stereomour Advice

thdewitt · 1356

Offline thdewitt

on: May 30, 2014, 05:50:07 PM
Hello, my Stereomour and Submissive showed up yesterday.  Already put the Submissive together and it is rocking with my Crack.  Sounds great.  I would like to build the Stereomour with only one input and no volume control since I will be using the submissive.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to remove (leave out), 2 input RCA's, the volume control, and the input selector.  I especially need to know if I need to add additional resistors or something to account for removing the volume control and the switch.

Thanks,
Tom

Eros Telefunken EF806S and Telefunken E88CC
BeePre JJ 300B
Paramount 1.1 EH 300B
Stereomour JJ 2a3-40 and Mullard CV4024
Crack Tung Sol 5998  Mullard CV 4003
Thorens TD 160 Super (Vinyl Nirvana)
Blumenstein Orca Deluxe/Dungenus Sub
Blumenstein Mako Floorstanders Chocolate Bamboo

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
The big question in my mind is really how much you will gain by doing such modifications.

You'll still need a pair of 100K resistors in your Stereomour to provide a ground reference for the 12AT7 grids, and the stock level control can function in this capacity if you just turn it all the way up. 

As far as the selector switch and extra jacks go, IMO it would bother me more to have five extra empty holes in the chassis instead of some unused components.  If you ever decided that you'd like to upgrade to Paramounts, a Stereomour built in stock form will be very attractive to buyers.  You should also consider that you may want the Submissive to live in front of the Crack, and having the Stereomour configured in a more flexible way will be beneficial in this situation.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline thdewitt

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 06:25:29 PM
Thanks.  Great advice.  I will proceed per instructions.  I didn't really want to wait anyway.  Ha, Ha.  Pictures coming soon. :D

BeePre JJ 300B
Paramount 1.1 EH 300B

Offline thdewitt

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:44:19 PM
You should also consider that you may want the Submissive to live in front of the Crack, and having the Stereomour configured in a more flexible way will be beneficial in this situation.

I do have a question about this part.  How could I set my system up where I go from Mac Server to Dac to Submissive to Crack and Stereomour.  Is it possible to have submissive control volume on Stereomour and Crack.

Thanks,
Tom

BeePre JJ 300B
Paramount 1.1 EH 300B