Power coat chassis? And tube shield question.

kip.duff · 988

Offline kip.duff

on: December 05, 2017, 02:42:10 AM
Power coat chassis.  And tube shield question.

I wanted to powder coat the top of my Eros chassis plate.  But what about the characteristic heat reported?  I believe this would have an insulating effect raising the temp of the plate.  Opinions?

Do the tube shields reduce the power consumption for filaments?  In other words,  does the filament system have some sort of thermostatic characteristic- Reaches a certain temperature then Cuts back power to maintain that constant heat level?   Do the tube shields reduce the overall heat of the Eros?

Thanks........

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:39:55 AM
I believe this would have an insulating effect raising the temp of the plate.  Opinions?
No.  A very thin layer of plastic is a terrible insulator.
Do the tube shields reduce the power consumption for filaments? 
No.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline kip.duff

Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:27:04 AM
Why are there tube shields on the Eros?

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:06 AM
Noise reduction from external sources.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline kip.duff

Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
Thanks.....