Couple Questions RCA Right Angle Adaptor & Brass Feet

acrockett55 · 615

Offline acrockett55

Got a couple questions about the moreplay and the S.E.X kit I am putting together. I'm not a big fan of the RCA's coming out of the back of the kits the way they do currently. Any reason that an RCA right angle adaptor like the one parts express has would create any issues? I just feel it would relieve some pressure on the RCA's. The ones I am looking at are part # 091-180. If someone has a better quality suggestion feel free.
Second question, I am looking for feet for my kit, just something a little more fancy that the ones that come with it. I like the ones parts express has again (part # 240-666) Any issue with these? I assume the feet are only for ventilation but want to make sure before I purchase.
Thanks in advance!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 06:25:42 AM
Use three of the 091-180 and three of the 091-184.  Put the short ones along the back edge, then the long ones forward of them, then there's space for your plugs to all leave the chassis plate straight. 

You could put those brass feet on your amp, sure.  You'll scratch the ever living snot out of whatever surface you put it on. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline acrockett55

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 06:50:07 AM
Use three of the 091-180 and three of the 091-184.  Put the short ones along the back edge, then the long ones forward of them, then there's space for your plugs to all leave the chassis plate straight. 

You could put those brass feet on your amp, sure.  You'll scratch the ever living snot out of whatever surface you put it on.
Great thoughts on the longer version of the RCA adaptors.
As far as the feet, they come with "floor discs" so they don't scratch up anything. So far these are the best option I have found for replacement feet that are also small enough to fit the kits. I am open to other options but have not found any yet.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 06:51:42 AM
Yeah, the discs are great until you bump the preamp and it bounces off the discs, then scratches the crap out of whatever you have it set on.  If you plan to put some kind of sacrificial surface under your preamp, this won't be an issue.  A piece of steel or a tile from the hardware store would do the job.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Karl5150

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 02:54:43 AM
Paul is correct about what those points can and will do to an unprotected surface, especially when you consider the weight of a BH kit. I have a set (I use 3 for easy leveling) under one of my amps and use the disks with the divot or hole in the center. With no kids or cats I haven't had a problem, it has even survived a few SoCal earthquakes, YMMV.
There are those who say that using the disks gives up the sonic advantages attributed to the use of spikes in the first place. I simply don't have the ears or listening skills to discern a difference...that's another rabbit hole. 
Happy assembly and enjoy the BH experience, no matter how you decide to let the kits breathe,
Karl
PS. Another sacrificial surface idea is a cutting board, many choices.

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline acrockett55

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 04:38:24 AM
Thanks everyone for you advice, I will look into all of this and really appreciate it.