Resistance check issues

adg · 690

Offline adg

on: November 28, 2015, 12:14:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to complete my first Crack build but I'm running into some resistance check issues. My checks of 1, 2, 4, 5, and 13 aren't giving me the values I'm expecting. For all of the points, my multimeter (I've tried two different ones) goes to anywhere between 7 to 20 M-ohms and starts counting down. One thing I've noticed is that the capacitor hooked up to 12 and 13 has a little jiggle to it, and I don't think it's related to my soldering. However, if it sounds like there could be something wrong with my capacitor, or if that capacitor can be throwing off all the values of any of the points listed above, I can check the soldering connections.

If anyone has any idea what is going on, I'd really appreciated help. I've spent the last two nights trying to troubleshoot this part of my build.

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Goltz

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 12:36:49 PM
Did you read the italicized paragraph above the resistance numbers?

The loose capacitor is unrelated; it is most likely a soldering issue, and it needs to be resolved before going on to voltage checks.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline adg

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:27:30 PM
Thanks for your reply. I did read the italicized text, but I was confused why my meter was counting down instead of up, and why the resistance measurements were beyond anything I was expecting. Given that all of my other values were correct, I went on to the voltage test and everything passed.

Aaron Goltz