Anybody have dimensions of the TFA-2004 Jr with endbells?

Jim R. · 1857

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
If anybody has a tfa-2004 Jr. with endbells, can you measure it and tell me all the outside dimensions, plus the mounting centers for the 4 hold-d-down tabs?

I need to do some rough layout and I have no clue as to when my own set will be delivered.

Of course I won't do any machining until I have the real thing in my hand, but I need to buy some materials and I can't do that until I have a rough idea of how big the various piecwes are.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:40:04 AM
Hi Jim,
I am using a set of BH-6, with bell ends. I believe these are the same size as the Jr's, the only thing that might be different is the  the stack thickness. The BH-6, stack is 1.25" and I think the Jr's are the same.

With the bell ends front to back they are.

2.20" Wide, 2.90" high and 2.80" deep.

The mounting centers are,

1.75" wide by 1.80" front to back, these are plus or minus about 0.1" as I can't get my calipers down that far...John

John S.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:43:46 AM
Hi John,

Thanks very much.  Yes, that sounds about right -- I think the full 2004s are 1.75 for the stack so 1.25 sounds llike what PJ told me.

Thanks again,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)