1st time DIYer - tales of my build - questions in 1st post

wullymc · 21550

Offline Grainger49

Reply #90 on: June 28, 2012, 04:03:13 AM
Wullymc, (we need a name here, you're one of us now),

Good advice!  This list is worthy of a sticky.  The only thing that I would add to it is "make a mechanical connection (crimp leads) before soldering."

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #91 on: June 28, 2012, 04:31:47 AM
Grainger,

His name is Dave.

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline wullymc

Reply #92 on: June 28, 2012, 02:18:14 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback.  It makes me feel good and I just want beginners to do well, not make too many mistakes, and have fun listening to this wonderful amp!

Pluck,

I am glad you found it a good read.  That is exactly what the thread was for.  I know that Bottlehead states that it is a level 1 beginner build but I just wanted to diary my build as a first timer for first timers so that they could draw a conclusion from a person non-affiliated with Bottlehead.

I am very happy to say that everything worked out well.  This thread it was never modified by Bottlehead and my words are exactly as I posted them.

I don't know what my next step will be.  This amp is dead quiet.  I don't know if or when I will do the Speedball.  I can't imagine it getting better than this!  I think my next step will be rolling some tubes so I will start reading the tube rolling thread.

Thanks for reading!...now to find my digital camera and figure out how to upload photos.

Take care....Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!