Bottlehead Kits > Paramount

Paramount as Mid-Range/Tweeter Amp

(1/2) > >>

Gerry E.:
Hi:

I'm currently using my Paramounts as mid-range/tweeter amps.  Can I modify the circuit to cut the low frequencies?  I'm looking at a cutoff frequency in the 80 - 160Hz range.  I assume some combination of capacitor and/or resistor changes would do the trick.  Thanks!

Gerry

Paul Birkeland:
You could decrease the size of the coupling cap to induce a gentle rolloff.  The same could be done for the parallel feed capacitor, though that's a bit more tricky. 

Paul Joppa:
It's best to put the filter as early in the chain as possible, such as adding a capacitor in series with the RCA input. The filter reduces the strain on what's downstream of it, so a small interstage coupling cap won't protect the driver stage, and a small parafeed cap protects only the output transformer.

triode:
I made a simple filter box and insert between ForeplayIII and Paramount/Stereomour/MonAmour to drive the mid/treble
It use 0.01uF Jupiter cap and also build in shunt attenuator and bypass switch. Crossed over around 150Hz (depend on attenuator position and input impedance of amp).

Hope this helps

Alonzo:
Think I'll try one of these, for my Kaiju (only without the attenuator) thanks for the idea!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version