tube based crossover

John Roman · 1486

Offline John Roman

on: May 12, 2011, 07:05:26 AM
I've been assembling a 3 way passive crossover recently and just in looking at the details of assembly have begun to discover some interesting ideas . Most recently I've begun looking at tubed based crossovers and found this site: http://www.tubecad.com/articles_2001/Tube-Based_Crossovers/
John Broskie is the guy's name, anyone ever heard of him? Any suggestions for other similar sites?
Thanks, John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline Lee Hankins

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:41:59 AM
John, 

John Broskie is an excellent designer, IMHO one of the best.  I have used alot of his boards, even built his DIY clock.  The quality of the boards that he sells are the best I have come across.  Almost have as many Broskie projects, as I do Bottlehead equipment, but two different DIY worlds.  The only problem with John's projects, IMHO, is that he has too many options that require the builder to make alot of build decisions, and for a senior non technical individual decisions or 20 different options are not welcome and can become quite frustrating, plus communication is not as good as here on the Bottlehead forum.  Bottlehead Rocks in the DIY world. 

Lee Hankins
"End of the Road"
Homer, Alaska

Offline John Roman

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:15:51 PM
Lee,
I agree that the Bottlehead community is great. Thanks for the heads up on Broskie. I get so far ahead of myself sometimes I need to just finish what I've already got going.
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay