Resistance Check Problem Terminal 13 [solved]

Digdug · 950

Offline Digdug

on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:42 AM
Hello,

I have completed the Crack build up to the resistance check, but when I test terminal 13 the reading jumps up to somewhere between 360K - 390K or so and then gradually goes down to around 270K ohms.  Any thoughts on what's going on?

Also, looking ahead to the voltage check, (which I won't attempt until the above resistance issue is resolved), I'm confused about the directions.  The instructions say to clip the negative lead of a volt-ohm meter to a ground and suggests terminal twelve.  The next instruction tells me to reconnect this negative lead to the ground buss.  Why do I attach it to terminal twelve if I'm just going to turn around and reattach it to the ground buss?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to provide.  Like so many other Crack builders, I'm new to all of this.

-Doug
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:09:36 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Hello,

I have completed the Crack build up to the resistance check, but when I test terminal 13 the reading jumps up to somewhere between 360K - 390K or so and then gradually goes down to around 270K ohms.  Any thoughts on what's going on?

Also, looking ahead to the voltage check, (which I won't attempt until the above resistance issue is resolved), I'm confused about the directions.  The instructions say to clip the negative lead of a volt-ohm meter to a ground and suggests terminal twelve.  The next instruction tells me to reconnect this negative lead to the ground buss.  Why do I attach it to terminal twelve if I'm just going to turn around and reattach it to the ground buss?

Your resistance reading is just meter-specific behavior, nothing to be concerned about.

Terminal 12 is on the ground buss, so it's just a redundant instruction.

Good luck on the voltage checks!

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man