Bottlehead Kits > Crackheadphone

I Got My Headphones!!!!

(1/4) > >>

Alonzo:
Box was waiting on the stoop when I got home from work.  Takes about an hour or so to put together.  I apologize now, I used some Tantalum instead of stock ( I tried Rikens but they were too big).

My regular headphones are Senn 650 and I'll do an A to B comparison later this weekend.  But for now, these are sounding good, I think "great" is just 50 or so hours away...
Thanks Doc for the kit.  I wanted some closed back phones for my bedroom Crack, this seems to be perfect.
Alonzo

Now where's that DAC I'm needing... :)

Grainger49:
Pictures, please post pictures!

Doc B.:
Thanks Alonzo! They do get better with some play time on them.

Alonzo:
Grainger,
Sorry for the delay, the weather was b e a u t I f u l, so the wife and I took a drive down to Monterey and just kept going.
I didn't take any assembly pictures.  I tried to make it look as close to the manual as possible.  But here are some assembly notes I remember. 
I hate the wool felt, spent most of the assembly time trying to separate the felt from the paper backing.  Half the time I just pulled it off and used my own glue dots.
I also added another layer of heat shrink for looks.  The adhesive heat shrink pushes glue out when contracting and it cools down to a whitish color.  I just covered it to keep the plugs neat.
A chop stick makes a great "burnisher" for the metal tape.
My stock resistor's weren't matched.  The ones I used as replacements were a little closer to the manuals value.
Here's a phone pic of the finished product.
Alonzo

Grainger49:
Nice work!  The cable looks substantial yet it coils easily. 

Congratulations on the first Bottleheadphone build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version