Twisted pair cable in reduction

Yvanyvan · 1828

Offline Yvanyvan

on: November 15, 2015, 04:20:52 AM
Hello everyone!

I am currently building reduction, but not from the original kit, so I struggle to find shielded twisted pair required. I'm quite new to diy audio so sorry for the stupid question.

The question is - can I use two-pair shielded twisted pair and remove excessive pair or maybe there are some other quick alternatives?

Ps I do not want to order the cable online as the delivery cost and time are too high.

Thanks in advance!

Ivan

Offline Tom-s

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:00:47 AM
When using a quad type cable it's just as easy to solder the ends into pairs and use it that way.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:10:17 AM
I am currently building reduction, but not from the original kit,

I'm not clear on this, but it sounds like you are maybe attempting to build a copy of one of our products. If that is the case, I am sorry to say we cannot offer any tech support.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Yvanyvan

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:40:47 AM
I'm not clear on this, but it sounds like you are maybe attempting to build a copy of one of our products. If that is the case, I am sorry to say we cannot offer any tech support.

I've purchased partly finished (almost not started in fact) kit from a friend with some parts missing and original assembly manual from you

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:57:46 AM
Ah, OK. In that case, yes, you can use two-pair cable and just connect the matching colors at each end so you end up with the equivalent of two wires in the cable.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Yvanyvan

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 10:16:47 AM
Ah, OK. In that case, yes, you can use two-pair cable and just connect the matching colors at each end so you end up with the equivalent of two wires in the cable.

Thanks for support!