Bottlehead Kits > Reduction

extra parts etc.

(1/2) > >>

Karl5150:
First: This forum and its population are top tier.
Second: The site is what sold me on trying the kit. The kit will sell more, I can see it becoming addicting. This is my first build so I took my time. Way longer than "a couple of evenings" but everything checked out, voltages all within 5% or better.
Must have been an extra piece (KL4 1321  K5U 105M), scared me when I found it as I was cleaning up. I guess that's why it would be a good idea to check against the parts list prior to starting. Next time.
My 7-23-13 manual had a couple of issues. It did not like to load on my W7 laptop, so once I got the computer to admit there were files on the CD I copied it to the HD and I was gold.
On the continuity check list it shows 31 as OL (no load?) Since it is the mirror of 2 I assumed it was good because it gave the same creeping values.
I would suggest not installing the output jacks on the plate until just before they get wired in. It gives a little more room for working on the sockets. My two cents.
The real test will be manana, if it sounds good the works will be done. Then some time on the box before it finds its home in the all analog system.
Photos to follow.

Chris65:
Yes, terminal 31 should have a '*' as it's connected to the capacitor. I wondered what the 'OL' is as well, as there's no decode given, presume it means 'Open Lug' maybe.

I've only built one other BH kit (Crack), & if nothing was connected to a terminal, it wasn't listed in the resistance/voltage checks.
Beware, they are addictive!

Doc B.:
OL means Over Limit, in other words the quantity measured is beyond the range set on the meter. If you have higher ranges available you would keep switching up until you get to a range that allows you to read the value or you run out of ranges to try.

Chris65:
Thanks Doc, infinite resistance then.

Karl5150:
"IT'S ALIVE"
I hooked it up Sunday, fired the system up and it makes music. Takes a little more of a twist of the volume knob than the built-in phono in the modded HH Scott.
Thanks again for a fun project and directions that, aparently, even I could follow.
Karl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version