Daunted

Jim R. · 1605

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: April 01, 2014, 08:05:29 AM
In some spare time while we wait for an electrical problem in our basement to get resolved i've been reading the Eros manual. Wow, lots of pcboards and tiht connections, and the voltage test points look very hard to reach in some places. So aside from my usual issues with PC boards, this is going to be a real project for me. I'd consider running extra wire length from some of the harder to reach test points out to a bracket with tip jacks on it, but that seems like it would only make things noisey.

Any suggestions/pep talk? I probably won't start this one for a few weeks yet -- really need to get the s.e.x and stereomour running first.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Listens2tubes

• Have you tweaked today?
    • Listens2tubes
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:56:59 PM
The boards took me one afternoon. They go fairly quickly if you have laid out your parts well. Take time to read the transistor lead configuration a few times. I wasted time not painting the transformer bell, which ended up just being semi-gloss black. Once installed and voltages checked the wiring begins. Not to worry, it goes faster than you would think from reading the manual.  :)

Neal P.