Bottlehead Kits > Smash

Smash build with a few wonky resistance measurements (resolved)

<< < (2/6) > >>

FS:
Terminal 26 shows a resistance reading of 360 Ohms when set to the 2K range. Terminal 27 shows a a high resistance reading going up until it hits OL. Terminal 26 is the only one that shows a deviation from the resistance values published in the manual on page 47. As I had said, the shielded twisted pair cable to the filament regulatory board (as described on pages 35 and 36) shows all connections made properly, with the red wire going to terminal 27U and the black wire going to 26U. The other end that goes to the PC board has the drain wire attached to the solder tab. The red wire goes to the "In" solder pad, the black to the "GND" solder pad. Resistance reading at the "GND" pad show 360 Ohms on the black wire end, OL on the tab. Resistance reading on the "In" pad are OL, and a high resistance creeping up to OL on the red wire end that is connected to it, which are the same values as on terminals 26 and 27 on the other side of the cable.
I have checked that the UF4007 rectifier diodes and the 5818 Schottky diodes are in the correct orientation and don't touch other pads, terminals or wires.

oguinn:
It’d probably help Paul and the Bottlehead guys if you posted pictures of your build. Paul has a pretty keen eye for catching issues.

I’m also a novice with this stuff, so I’ve exhausted my usefulness.

FS:
Here are a few pics of the Smash build...

Paul Birkeland:
Can I see the other side of the filament regulator PCB?  How about the rest of the build?

FS:
Hi Paul,

I have attached a few more pics, including a close-up of the back of the PC board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version