Newbie confused by missing ground from T21

tjkirch · 995

Offline tjkirch

on: December 05, 2013, 09:09:46 PM
Hi guys!  I just finished assembling my Crack and I had a lot of fun.  All the resistances check out, save for terminals 6 and 10 which read as 0 - according to Paul Birkeland this is OK if you've done the grounded headphone jack [nofollow].

My problem is that terminal 21 doesn't show as grounded, and according to Grainger's guide [nofollow] it should be.  All the other ground points he mentioned are OK.  There's just no continuity between ground and 21U or 21L.

I followed the guide closely and was careful.  I only made three changes.  First, the grounded headphone jack, as mentioned above.  Second, the suggestion on page 19 of the manual to connect PT4 to 14U instead of 22L.  Third, I arranged the wiring a little differently, so it was slightly less random - I'm OCD.   ;D  Here's a picture of my build [nofollow].  (Let me know if you'd like other pictures.)

I've tried resoldering 21L and 21U but it made no difference.  I'm rather new to electronics work, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this kind of issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm looking forward to voltage checks!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:54 PM
I just went to the manual and see that T22 is grounded, and screwed to the top plate, but not T21.  I didn't find a link between T21 and ground.

It sounds like you are the first to check my list.  Go ahead with the resistance and voltage checks.

And thanks for letting me know.  I will amend the list.

Offline tjkirch

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:23:45 AM
Thank you very much Grainger! I'll move ahead with the voltage checks tonight. I'll make sure to let you guys know how everything worked. Great community here. :D