Bottlehead Forum

Bottlehead Kits => Legacy Kit Products => Submissive => Topic started by: thdewitt on May 30, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

Title: New Submissive
Post by: thdewitt on May 30, 2014, 06:39:12 PM
Well, I got a package in the mail today.  My new Stereomour and Submissive.  I couldn't wait to start so I dug right in to the Submissive.

All parts prĂ©sent and accounted for.  I glued the base together quickly.  I have bamboo bases on order for my crack, submissive and stereomour from Blumstien Audio.  They will be awesome.
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38833957/2014-05-29%2015.52.38.jpg)

All parts installed on front panel and labeled
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38833957/2014-05-29%2016.40.55.jpg)

First minor problem encountered.  On page 13 the directions call for a adhesive anchor tie.  This is not included in the parts list or in box.  No big deal, I just did without.  Also, setting the stops for the selector switch was not included as well.  Luckily I had just done it for attenuators so I caught it.  My selector was a 20 position switch.

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38833957/2014-05-29%2018.20.00.jpg)

Wiring all done.  One other minor problem.  The last instruction for a piece of Blue wire on page 21.  No blue wire left.  Had to use Orange instead.  No big deal.
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38833957/2014-05-30%2020.16.59.jpg)

Fired up on first test.  Works great with crack.  Waiting for Stereomour to be complete.

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38833957/2014-05-30%2021.34.24.jpg)