NEW - S.E.X. Kit 3.0 C4S active load upgrade - now taking orders!

Doc B. · 2161

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Here is an easy to install kit that will give your current version 3.0 S.E.X. kit a more quiet background, better resolution and tighter bass. This kit has been a popular upgrade in the past for previous versions (this new kit is for the current S.E.X. version 3.0 only). We have updated the PC board and the mounting setup to make a cleaner installation.
The retail price for this kit will be $49, but we are offering an introductory price of just $35. This special offer ends July 5th. As usual, time to shipping will be 4 to 6 weeks. And as usual, first ordered, first shipped.

http://bottlehead.com/product/s-e-x-3-0-c4s-upgrade-kit/

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ryan_a

Long time lurker here and I just ordered the S3X with c4s yesterday when I saw the sale. This will be my first kit. I'm super excited to build it and try it out with my HD650s. Now I'm looking for sensitive speakers to pair with it

Offline MD1200

Thanks for the sale Doc! Glad to be able to build this bad boy!

Offline Natural Sound

I've been reviewing the 3.0 C4S instructions in anticipation of this arriving in the coming weeks. I like the smaller board for the 3.0 vs the 2.1 version. My only concern is that I have a stepped attenuator in mind for my 3.0. Its going to be a tight squeeze and the C4S circuit board might interfere with the attenuator. Do you see any issues with me rotating the board 180 degrees to reclaim a little extra room by the pot area? I understand that the wire leads will need to be adjusted accordingly and I'd generally be on my own for deviating from the instructions.

Offline Adrian

I've been reviewing the 3.0 C4S instructions in anticipation of this arriving in the coming weeks. I like the smaller board for the 3.0 vs the 2.1 version. My only concern is that I have a stepped attenuator in mind for my 3.0. Its going to be a tight squeeze and the C4S circuit board might interfere with the attenuator. Do you see any issues with me rotating the board 180 degrees to reclaim a little extra room by the pot area? I understand that the wire leads will need to be adjusted accordingly and I'd generally be on my own for deviating from the instructions.
Also interested in the response since I had already installed a Goldpoint stepped attenuator that is larger.
I just received the C4S kit and had intended installing the board in whatever configuration was needed to make it fit.

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Like you guys mentioned, you're generally own your own in a situation like this.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Adrian

I completed installing the C4S into the S.E.X. 3.0 yesterday.
Completely successful.
However, I did have to reconfigure the mounting and installation of the board because of the larger Goldpoint stepped-attenuator AND the modified parafeed caps, also larger.  All I really needed to be careful about was connecting the right length of wire to the terminals due to the reconfiguation of the board.
Here is a picture of the result:

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.

Offline MD1200

Nice job Adrian! Seeing your build has me excited to build mine when it ships!