Holiday orders need to be made!

Doc B. · 1399

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: November 09, 2017, 01:38:26 PM
Business has been very good at Bottlehead for the past few months and we have been busy, busy, busy fulfilling orders. The pace will surely increase as the holidays approach and thus we need your holiday order by tomorrow - Friday, November 10th. That will be six weeks from Xmas and only four weeks from Hanukkah. Whether you are giving a kit as a gift or plan to build one for yourself over vacation, we absolutely, positively need that order by tomorrow to assure that it will arrive before Xmas.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Chase_adams

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:36 AM
Hi Doc,

I am just curious as to if you know when you'll be shipping out another batch of Crack and the Speedball upgrade. On the shipping status page, I noticed that it's been about 5.5 weeks since a batch has been shipped. Thank you for your input.

Chase

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:46:14 AM
I think the status has just not been updated. Josh has been shipping Cracks in between Jäger shipments. We are waiting for a shipment of wood bases to arrive and then there will be more Cracks shipping.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:55:43 AM
The status page is correct. The question here does seem to misunderstand the nature of that page. The date on the page is the order date, not the shipping date. I last shipped Cracks on Friday.
If you ordered a Crack before 9 am on October 5, it has shipped. If you ordered after that time, it has not. The order volume from the sale shipped so far is about the number of Cracks we sell in 2 months, compacted into 9 hours. About another month worth of orders remain from October 5 alone. Orders will ship in the sequence received as quickly as possible and determined by parts availability.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:57:16 AM by fullheadofnothing »

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Chase_adams

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:10 AM
Ok great. Thank you for the speedy replies! I ordered mine on Nov. 6, but I am not expecting it anytime soon, just hopefully by around mid December. Thanks again for all that you do! I am beyond excited to get going on my first DIY amp.

Chase

Offline Chase_adams

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:14:42 AM
 When do you expect Crack + Speedball orders from Nov. 6th to be shipped out?

Thanks,

Chase

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:56:11 AM
The typical time to ship is 4 to 6 weeks. We've pretty much stayed with this time to ship a kit for about 20 years now, barring a few exceptions. So for an order made November 6th that would be an estimated shipping date of somewhere between December 4th and December 18th - as you hoped, mid December.

While on this subject, though not directly related to this order, I will remind everyone of two things regarding the upcoming Black Friday sale:

First come first served. The sale will begin at 12:01 a.m. on Friday 11/24. Orders made earlier in the day will ship before orders made later in the day. We do like a month's worth of business in one day, so an hours difference in order time can mean a difference of days terms in shipment. Order early and often.

Black Friday orders are not in any way guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. That is why we sent out a request for Christmas orders back in early November, i.e., 6 weeks before Christmas. Vendors close for the holidays and that slows down our receipt of parts for kits. So a realistic estimate for shipping of Black Friday orders is that it probably won't start until early January.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.