Chickens coming home to roost

Guest · 735

4krow

on: January 29, 2018, 01:31:11 PM
 I never thought that there would be a day when I saw my old PS Audio 'Superphon' revelation pre-amp again. It had gone to Florida with my friend and then was involved in a house fire. I also never thought that I would see my old Raleigh bicycle again either. It had been sold 40 years ago to the same friend and as far as I knew, that was the end of that. BOTH of these items showed up at my door a few months ago, in the shape that you would imagine. And what did I want with them? Nothing really. A thing from the past. History. But I took them back only to take a quick look and then throw the rest away. Fast forward. The pre-amp is rebuilt into a sort of buffer amp with a volume control, and the emblem on the top, well, that is from the bicycle. One noticable difference are the tubes sticking out of the top. Makes me nervous drilling holes like that. Yah, nothing like it anywhere else. Maybe my garage system will benefit.
 No before shots of these pieces, but just imagine burnt rust, and you will be most of the way there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:35:27 PM by 4krow »