Cinemag CM-1254 PC Moving Coil Transformer Group Buy on diyaudio

grufti · 583

Offline grufti

The title says pretty much everything. Over course of the last week a group buy for the Cinemag CM-1254 PC Moving Coil Transformer has started to gain steam on diyaudio. The price incl. shipping could end up at about $120 ... more or less ... depending on how many people join in. That would be a great price and some here might be interested.

I have no stake in the group buy, nobody really benefits from them financially. Organizing them is always a lot of work. I'm still on the fence myself, but I might sign up eventually.

Offline grufti

It turns out that there hasn't been a decision made between the CM-1254 and the CM-1254PC for this group buy. There could be enough interest in both versions, who knows?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Yes, the PC version ends up being a little more arduous to implement.  The threaded bushing mount is so much more convenient. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline grufti

The Cinemag CM-1254 PC Moving Coil Transformer Group Buy on diyaudio already has more than 10 units of the threaded bushing mount units confirmed. That puts the base price at $95 for each transformer. It will almost certainly end up at less than $120 with tax and shipping for anyone in the US.

The Cinemag 1254 is a very nice MC transformer. It is a good match for the Bottlehead Eros phono preamp.

Again, I have no stake in the group buy. Even now I'm still on the fence, but I will probably sign up before it's too late.