Problem with resistance checks [resolved]

watchdog · 832

Offline watchdog

on: April 15, 2020, 03:57:44 AM
Hello everyone, hope everyone is staying safe during the lockdown.

Finally got around to assembling my S.E.X. kit after a few months of the box sitting on the floor.

No problems with the mains transformer and the filaments of both tubes lit up when tested in line with the steps in the assembly guide. Got everything hooked up, but the resistance checks on the left channel are off. I am wondering whether the issue lies with the output transformer ? Anyway to test that the output transformer doesn't have any failed windings ?

Resistance checks on points 1-14 are fine.

15 and 16 are fine.
17, 18 and 19 show extremely high resistance, close to infinity. I've carefully checked the soldering of these points as well as to use my multimeter to check that all components and leads going to these points are OK.

I've attached a picture. Let me know if you need close shots of any parts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:16:21 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 05:29:31 AM
On the bottom of page 43 is a step to wire 26L to 19L.  It looks like you missed that step.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline watchdog

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:34 PM
Thanks Paul ! You were absolutely right. Connected that wire and all resistance checks are good. Looked over all my soldering points, missed one and needed to reflow a few. Hooked everything up and passed all voltage tests. Playing music now !