Switchable attenuation?

JamieMcC · 1520

Offline JamieMcC

on: October 25, 2014, 02:39:47 AM
I am pondering over trying a couple of small switches in the signal path to switch between a little resistor attenuation and none. Having just tried adding a couple of resistors to get some more range whilst using the headphone this worked well but its knocked back the volume via the speakers more than I would like.

On my next mouser order I will add a few different values to try only having  a couple of RN55 270k to hand and finding they where a little to much attenuation.

Also wondering if it is possible to attenuate only the head phone out at the socket somehow? Any thoughts, suggestions welcome?

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:01:12 AM
You can attenuate the output with an L-pad; it will of course limit the maximum output. For details, post the question under the appropriate product so that the discussion can be more easily located by others in the future.

Paul Joppa

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:12:44 PM
If you're referring to the SEX amp, I would use the impedance switch kit to the same effect.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:25 PM
If you're referring to the SEX amp, I would use the impedance switch kit to the same effect.

-PB

I was and never thought of doing that probably because its still in the kit box I have been enjoying the Sex so much I haven't got round to fitting it yet thanks PB, PJ.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!