S.E.X & C4S Wow!

mrclassicman · 1719

Offline mrclassicman

on: July 18, 2023, 07:27:13 AM
Again I have been pleasantly pleased with the installation of the C4S in my S.E.X headphone amp! I would confidently add if you are "on the fence" about this upgrade pull the plug! It will add a new level of synergy or refinement to this classic amp! It it a very simple kit to build, taking only about an hour to complete. The downloaded instructions are complete and straight forward. Apon installing mine I performed the voltage check only to find a small problem with the results. One measurement was squarely in the middle of the acceptable range but the other was a little less than two volts lower than the lowest listed. After checking the LEDS for lighting, excessively overheating on any components, and finally the line voltage(which is on the high side for me), I was a little perplexed. After re-checking literally everything I decided it had to be tube related. I swapped the two tubes and all fell perfectly inline. Now both sides run in the 71 volt range, sweet spot I am sure! lol. Now after analyzing all this data, I think the actual issue might just have been the one tube was not completely seated, or not making a good connection on all of the pins. My reasoning here is that after the swap the high reading stayed the same and the low side came up and matched the high side. If it had been a tube mismatch the high side would have come down and the low side would have come up some . So in reflection if the voltages do not correspond, make certain the tubes are fully seated!

Terry
Mrclassicman