any bottlehead getogather in tacoma/seatle area now till mid oct.?

Nutube · 1793

Offline Nutube

• AudioAddicted-RefuseRehab
Staying in puyallup. Planning a trip to bainbridge bhq
Thanks

FP 1,2,3, Seduction, 45, Paramount 300B, Paraglow2A3; Dehavilland 845, Eico pp 805,Adcom 555 mono, Sota star saphire ugraded Nova motor & bearings,  Et 2.5 carbon wand on Shelter 901, Koetsu rosewood Sig., on magnesium wand, grado sumiko etc. Custom Edgarhorn with Seismic sub

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00:02 AM
Tony,

Be forewarned that we are getting ready for RMAF. We would love for you to visit, but we will probably have shipped a lot of our gear out of the listening room and off to Denver by the end of Sept so we may not have our "A" system up and running in October. On the other hand, right now the headphone rig is sounding awesome as we dial it in for the show.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:28:22 PM
Dan

Are you only bring headphone amps to RMAF?  Will you have a room or just be in the head-fi mosh pit? :-)  I'll definitely be checking you folks out where ver you are, just wondering if there will be a more traditional amp/speaker rig too.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:20:04 PM
We are showing in the Head Fi room, tables C21 and C22. Tape Project will also be showing 1/2" tape in the VTL room with an Otari MTR-20 with a Bottlehead Tube Repro. I thought at the end of the last RMAF that we would be taking a room this year for our speaker oriented gear, but it turned out that the focus of our most recent products would be better shown in a headphone display. There might be a couple more Tube Repros running besides mine on my Nagra T in the Head Fi room, and I will have Soft Start Paramounts running with AKG K1000s. I will probably also be bringing my HD600s with balanced cables for the Smack, HD650s with a Cardas cable for the Crack and maybe some K701s with a Stefan cable for a SEX 2.1. I'm hoping folks at the show will want to try the C4S'd S.E.X. 2.1 kit with LCD-2s, as I think they might work well together.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:27:49 PM
Dan, Sounds good.  We're booked for the entire weekendthis year so hopefully I'll get to see you folks plenty.  Definitely want to check out the balancedd HD-600s on the Smack.  I'll also probably bring my re-cabled Shure SE425s as well.  Sounds like a good lineup.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:19:53 PM
Yes, puleeze! Anyone who has some headphones they would like to try, please bring them. I really appreciate the opportunity to hear how different cans work with the different amps. That's the whole point of having the choices we have come up with, and hearing different cans at the Seattle and Bay Area Head Fi meets has really helped us to refine our designs.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Nutube

• AudioAddicted-RefuseRehab
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 06:31:40 AM
DOC Thanks for heads up must be a very hectic time. I will be back and forth so maybe hook up either at rmaf or nxt year
Hope you have a good show in the rockies
Tony

FP 1,2,3, Seduction, 45, Paramount 300B, Paraglow2A3; Dehavilland 845, Eico pp 805,Adcom 555 mono, Sota star saphire ugraded Nova motor & bearings,  Et 2.5 carbon wand on Shelter 901, Koetsu rosewood Sig., on magnesium wand, grado sumiko etc. Custom Edgarhorn with Seismic sub